Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mood Board...

I noticed on style.com that many designers were sharing there mood boards from there recent collections. This inspired me to share mine with you... I began adding these boards to my portfolio after interning for a company that does them also. I felt inspired to create my own to add more interest to my design process.
I wanted this board to be a combination of different textures...tweeds, sequins, fur and lace. I used Lillian Bassman (photographer) as my inspiration for glamour and feminine touches. I wanted to mix that with a classic menswear inspiration of tweeds and leather.

I think when you are trying to find inspiration for something these mood boards can be really helpful. For Example...If your looking to design or decorate any aspect of your home you could find multiple images of what kind of space you would like to create. Fabric swatches, color chips and images can be so helpful to organize your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment